News & Events
- The Dan MacPhail Memorial Bursary April 11, 2018
- Coastal Action Hiring Through Clean Leadership and Internship Program March 5, 2018
- Winter Coastal Chronicle February 1, 2018
For more information on climate change adaptation measures in the Municipality of the District of Lunenburg, and the Maritimes please visit the following links:
1. Municipality of the District of Lunenburg: A Case Study in Climate Change Adaptation: A series of reports exploring climate change adaption measures in the Municipality.
3. Scenarios and Guidance for Adaption to Climate Change and Sea Level Rise: NS & PEI Municipalities: A report providing background information on climate change and sea level rise scenarios, as well as guidelines on how the information can be used in vulnerability assessments & adaptation planning.
4. Atlantic Climate Adaptation Solutions: The Atlantic Climate Adaptation Solutions (ACAS) program is a federal cost-shared program aimed at advancing adaptation planning and decision-making, particularly at the municipal level, to reduce risks and maximize opportunities of our changing climate.
5. New Brunswick Coastal Areas Protection Policy: This policy designates a 30 m building setback along coastal beaches, dunes, and marshes, to protect their ecological integrity. Structures are permitted within this zone under certain conditions, and given that the structure is 2 m above the high water mark.
6. Nova Scotia Department of Environment, Climate Change Unit: The climate change unit supports increased awareness and understanding of climate change, the science behind it, its impacts, and what we can do to help.